Raise your hand if you grew up with a mum (or another parental figure) constantly reminding you to clean your room. Often, our earliest memories of figuring out how to tidy up and take care of our homes are with our mums—they taught us how to do laundry, how to do the dishes, and how to make our beds. So it should come as no surprise that when we asked our mums for their best housekeeping advice, they came back with some great tips.
In these series I will share some of my mum’s advices of how to keep a home fresh and inviting, to make it a relaxing place to come to.
So, in today’s issue:
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR MICROWAVE WITH LEMON
In our busy everyday life, one of the most used electrical appliances in the home is the microwave. Whether we want to quickly boil some water for morning coffee or to spoil dinner, we still use the microwave. We use it more often than the stove.
Cleaning the microwave with lemon is easy and practical. First, we all know that lemon is a natural product and does not contain toxic substances. In addition, it costs a lot less than the products sold in the retail chains.
So what do you need:
- Fill the bowl in half with water.
- Squeeze the lemon and add the juice to the water in the bowl.
- Place the bowl in the microwave and drop it at the highest power for 3 minutes.
- The water will start to boil, but do not worry, let the lemon water spray the walls of the microwave.
- Once the microwave stops, leave it closed for at least 5 minutes to allow the steam to decompose the food residue and the more severe dirt.
- Open the microwave and dry it with the microfibre cloth. Then take a piece of the kitchen roll and polish it.
If you want to take care of the exterior of the microwave, you can clean it with soapy water and a sponge. Use only the soft part of the sponge so that you do not scratch the surface. If it needs more thorough cleaning, you can add a few drops of lemon juice to the soapy water. Then wipe with the microfibre cloth and polish it with the kitchen roll.
Now you have a clean microwave, both inside and outside!